Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Focus on Titles

This weeks homework for my class was about titles and different ways of incorporating them. The lesson looked at different ways to alter letters you may already have which is what I chose to focus on. I’d never really thought about altering all those odd chipboard letters I have left over. Occasionally I’ll mix letters up and use them in a title so they look funky but had never thought about actually changing the look of them so they work with the layout I’m doing. So for my layout this week I took chipboard letters from two sets and painted them blue. Coated them in liquid glass and sprinkled with prisma glitter. To complete the title I took a random sticker I had left over from another kit which completed the title True Bff.
 IMG_4398 (Large)
The blue flowers I made using a punch and layering two flowers and added the sparkle in the center. The blue in both the title, flowers and there is a little piece just below the picture to the left is intended to pull out the blue in the photograph on Eleanor’s dress. All the papers are CTMH, as is the green felt vine and leaves. The white flowers I got at Hobby Lobby sorry can’t remember the make I think its K & Company but not 100% sure.

Eleanor was really happy with this addition to her album – I have to say I was happy with it as well. I’m also really happy about the amount of scrapbooking Nic Howards class at Big Picture Scrapbooking is getting me to do. I don’t think the bank manager is that happy though as I keep going to buy more embellishments. Yesterday I found some really cool Prisma Flowers on clearance at Michaels - $30 later I left with a whole selection. In my defence they would have been $90 full price. I can’t wait to learn some more later in the class about making my own flowers as these things are way too expensive. I know several ways but hoping to learn something new.

No comments: