Monday, May 3, 2010

Champs - male pages



Embellishing pages for Philip is really hard. I love the way the Nic H in my current class does all these embellishment clusters but they are always so girlie with flowers etc. So for this weeks homework I decided I was going to do a page for Philip's album and there would be a cluster but no flowers.

The page is very 3 dimensional with lots of layers and then the embellishments on top. I added a border with the sewing machine and then I removed the thread and added another board around the scalloped edge. The white paper was painted with texture paint and then sponged with inks to give some color and texture.

The embellishment were a mix from the box of soccer scrapbooking supplies I have. (Well when I know I have so much soccer scrapbooking in my future I have them sorted in one spot! Same with basketball and dance).

The scallop edge was meant to be handmade using 50 one inch circles which I didn't have the patience for especially when I knew I had a stack of scalloped square from CTMH from a special they had a while back. So I took the easy option and went with that.

I'm really happy with the final product and I'm now working on another layout using the same basic layout. I'll share when I'm done just to show you how two very different layouts can be done using the same basic design.

No comments: