Saturday, May 8, 2010

Brave - and design with lines

My homework this week was all about - Lines. They are really important in scrapbooking helping provide balance and focus to a layout. The most obvious use of lines is the addition of borders around the page edge or the photos. Other time lines are created using the meeting points of papers on your page so these ones are less obvious but still working the magic in your design. This layout uses lines to draw the eye to the one picture and is based on a layout provided as an example in my big picture scrapbooking class by Nic Howard.



There are several sets of lines the most obvious being the strips of papers - I inked the edges to give more definition. They help frame the picture with the addition of the felt scalloped frame. Initially I didn't have the lines of pearls but I added the pearls to add more lines and to help complete the frame around my picture. I even added my journaling to the lines. Papers are Basic Grey, Felt Scallop CTMH, Flower center Basic Grey - flower unknown.

A quick and simple one picture layout but effective still I think.

No comments: