Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Soccer Layout

Still working on this weeks homework for my scrapbooking class I'm taking. This week we're making embellishments for our pages from items we already own. Well I have plenty of things to choose from so that hasn't been a problem. I decided to start with making a soccer page and use some of the chipboard shapes we got with the dazzling die-cuts promotion in the fall. I colored the chipboard star using some rub-on metallic color stuff I've had for ages and used like twice. It really colors the chipboard well I just wish I had it more colors. I then added some chipboard soccer embellishments that I bought somewhere sometime to add to my star and T - this created my focal point embellishment fairly easily. We were meant to add it to paper clip but this didn't work for me. So I left that part out. Then I had to make a tag to match. So using my gazelle I cut a tag out of a cereal box and layered it with cardstock. Then I got the stamps out and added some words and stars before adding the matching smaller star from the dazzling diecuts set. Having now realised I can cut cereal boxes with my gazelle I can make my own chipboard letters so made the rest of the title using this and covered with cardstock also cut with my gazelle so they are a perfect fit. In the end I was really happy with the layout. Funny how sometimes when you start you have no idea where your going but in the end the results are pleasing. (Click on the layout to see a larger image.)



No comments: