Friday, March 13, 2009

Flights of Fancy

I've started another online scrapbooking class with big picture scrapbooking this week. Not that I really have time for another thing in life but I do want to get scrapbooking more and it seems the classes push me to do it. The class is about scrapbooking on a shoe string or using up what you've got. The first assignment this week was too much for me - you are meant to do an inventory. AN INVENTORY - I don't think they realise the problem I have - this would have taken me every waking hour to do and then still I wouldn't have been done. Never mind the other things I should be doing this week. So I decided to give myself permission not to do this.

The second assignment was easier a layout. I can do that and that's what I want to do to reduce the picture backlog and the supply mountain. On the layout you had to use something that sparkles, something with a decorative edge and something that sticks. Well not too hard really - my sparkles are not very sparkly but the layout didn't need too much sparkle. The decorative edge I created using a punch I purchased the other week. Its a new EK success punch which is a wave with dots. Then I finally used a bird die-cut I had purchased which I first turned into a sticker using my sticker machine.
The journaling is using a new type of journaling from my latest scrapbook mag which suggested using analogies. The journaling of these bird pictures would have been rather hard if I hadn't used this way of writing. I think I'll be doing this more in the future. It allows you to write beyond the pictures really and make comments on life.
Photobucket

No comments: