Friday, March 20, 2009

April SOM - Sample

Being a consultant I get the Stamp of the Months ahead of the time and this one has been sitting there not saying anything to me. I mean fish - who wants to stamp with fish not me for certain. I make it a challenge to myself to teach each month though using the set so my customers get to use it and see if they like it.

Well I need to make samples for April sooner or later and decided to start with the hardest first - the fish..........I used the masked frame technique which I shared a card for last month I think or was it in December now I think about it. Time flies while your having fun stamping. I hope you like what I came up with, especially if you come to my classes as you'll be making it in April. The colors are olive green, cocoa and indian corn blue. I had made the masked circle and then couldn't think what to do next with the open space on the right hand side of the card. I find most embellishment very feminine for male cards so struggled with this. Then suddenly I saw the fishing rod stamp and the fly and I saw how my fish could be jumping to catch the fly. Now I'm even thinking I could improve it again and stamp the fish again and pop it off the front of the card. Maybe I will have to try that.......



Added - Ok so I have added a 3-d fish. I think I prefer the card even more now. What do you think?

No comments: