Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hey There Cupcake

Well after a very stressful week and a major change in life I decided it was time to get creative again. For those who just read my blog this last week I resigned as a CTMH consultant for a number of reasons which I don't need to go into here but this means my blog will change slightly. I will be able to use more none CTMH products more freely but don't worry I will still be using plenty of them as they are my no.1 stamping company. I hope to work on posting more tutorials and things on my blog. With product reviews and you never know I may even get into making my own video tutorials, if my daughter will loan me her video camera!

So that all being said my project today was cupcakes. Cupcakes are huge in scrapbooking and I love the set from CTMH called cupcake sprinkles (D1336). I have though been having issues with the icing on the cupcakes not looking yummy enough for me. That was until I was wandering around blogging world and came across someone using dimensional paint (sorry I can't remember where I tried hard to find the blog again but failed. I was sure I had booked marked it). So I went to Michaels and after a 10 minute search I found my paint hiding in the paint section near the spray paints. Just so you know what it looks likes here's a picture - I always find it easier when I know what something looks like.



I took the frosting stamp and using a light ink color I stamped the image on white card stock. Then I took the tube of paint and squeezed out a pea size blob of the paint and using a paint brush moved the paint around to cover the image and to look like icing looks of cupcakes, you know what I mean. To add sprinkles just drop some small seed beads of the color of your choice into the paint and gently press into the paint. I then left it to dry. The amount of time it takes will depend on how thick you make the paint but a couple of hours should see it dry to touch. I found that the card stock was the last thing to dry completely. When the whole piece was dry I careful cut out the image.



To complete my cupcake I stamped the cupcake case and cut this out. I mounted the frosting flat on the card but used foam tape behind the cupcake case to give the dimension I needed to make the finished cake look more realistic.



The final card is below. It's in the mail now to one of my daughters dancer friend who is away at a summer intensive. I hope she likes it. I had fun and I see more cupcakes in my future! At least these ones don't result in the extra pounds.

1 comment:

Benbrook Bettie said...

Your cupcake looks good enough to eat!