Saturday, April 18, 2009

Treetops and Buttons

So I'm stuck on my trees at the moment and decided to make another attempt at my tree card for the swap I'm in.

Treetops and Buttons


I think the buttons add so much dimension to the card its worth the effort. I thought about adding waxy flax through the holes but didn't have green so shelved that idea.

The design is based on one the designs from the originals card design book from CTMH.



CTMH has currently only the one card design book but in the new catalog we have our second one coming out Jeanette Lynton wrote on her blog - "It’s called “Wishes,” and it contains 109 brand-new patterns, which includes three complete “card workshops.” These “card workshops” are specifically designed to help you make bulk cards faster, simpler, easier. It also emphasizes unique ROUND card patterns and a template CD to make these circles spectacular. Imagine the fun of receiving a cool, round card! Even better, imagine the fun of creating one!"


These books really make your card designing easier. I get mine out all the time just to start off a design. Doesn't mean what I finish with looks anything like the design but it helps me get going. Other times I do a card exactly following the pattern. Never tried one of our patterns well now is the moment to try. Jeannette Lynton also shared one of the new patterns and you can check it out here - pattern. I'd love to see what you create!

Have a great day creating.

No comments: