Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dimensional Elements and Sand Surfing




This last week my upline in the CTMH world challenged us to do a layout using dimensional elements. Now I love these things as you can do so many things with them and they are cheap! So it wasn't a hard challenge for me to do. The word SAND is done using the dimensional elements Simple Alphabet Z1047. I took them and lightly sponged with bamboo ink. Then using dotty stamp from Argyle backgrounds stamp set (D1325) I over stamped with desert sand ink. The surfing was done in a similar way but I used the color ready alphabet Oxford X5749. Whats great about both these products is the letters I didn't use are still white and can be alternate for another layout to match the colors of that one. So I don't have a pile of letters which are not needed. One note for techniques I use. With the color ready alphabets I first take the letters I need off the carry sheet and place them on a piece of wax paper. This is where I alter them prior to adhering them where I want them. Just watch you don't touch the wax paper as the ink won't stay on there and you'll end up with messy fingers but it makes them easier to alter.

The other unique thing on this layout is the pocket I created for the brochure from the National Park. I like to preserve these with my layouts so we can refer back to them in the future. I use the CTMH Photo Storage Pages for this (4113). I cut one of the pockets out from the six pockets and adhere to the layout. They are perfect fit for the majority of brochures. Remember with these pocket pages if you want extra spaces for pictures you can use these in some unique ways to create spots for those pictures. You can even cut one of the pages in half and have space for an extra 6 pictures in the center of your layout between the two sides. This is great for those occasions when you have lots of pictures which you must include!

While I remember have you checked out the deal of the day on my website. You don't want to miss out on a great deal! Click here to check in now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your layout and your blog! I left something for you on my blog...clearlystamping.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

When you set up email on the iphone, there are two options for setting up gmail. Either you can press the gmail button, or you can follow google's instructions on how to set up IMAP for gmail on the iPhone. What's the difference between these?
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://demo.myproclan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=9041#p9041]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd love to thank you for such a great quality forum!
Was thinking this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/mardi-gras-party-supplies.html]mardi gras Party Supplies[/url].