Wednesday, January 7, 2009

LOVE Card



This is one of the cards I'm teaching this month at my clubs. I'm using the clear acrylic hearts which we're embossing with red powder to make the embellishment. This is a method that came as a result of me trying to make my own special embossed buttons. A customer sent me a link to a blog which told you how you can stamp with versamark on a button and then emboss to create your special buttons. Cool idea - well 10 buttons and a burnt finger later I have determined that this isn't a method that works well for me. Unless your happy with bits of embossing powder in places you didn't want it. Even with the help of embossing buddy I couldn't stop this happening. The fact it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. I'd be interested to hear if anyone had any better success with this idea. It maybe due to the buttons I was using or maybe I didn't have my leg crossed in the correct manner - you tell me.
My embossed heart made me feel much better and come to club this month and you'll learn how to make one yourself!
Don't belong to a club of mine - visitors are welcome check the dates on my CTMH website or find some friends and we can start your own club just for you and your friends.

No comments: