Saturday, April 17, 2010

A longtime not blogged


Well I haven't blogged since August 2009 so its getting on to be nearly a year. Why not well I need a break and I wondered what was the point of me blogging when I did have a scrapbook business. Well I'm back!

I have been busy since January taking lots of classes with Big Picture Scrapbooking and have learned a lot of different things and made lots and lots of scrapbook pages. Currently I'm doing a class with Nic Howard called Dimensional Details. We're only on week 3 and I'm loving it. Each page is taking a life of its own and I'm using all sorts of techniques I don't take the time to use normally. Take this layout for instances. The eyes on the skull are from a necklace I purchased at Kohls just for those two beads! I now need to find a use for the other beads as the necklace won't work any longer.

The special technique on this layout is masking. I used a Tom Holtz Spider web mask and some silver glimmer mist. I did this over the background paper and the black patterned paper. I then added the color to make the whole layout pop off the page!

The skull and the hinge are both Tim Holtz grunge board - which I'm now in love with. So easy to use. I found it at Tuesday morning at a really great price. I even gone back and bought more after using it. If you have a Tuesday morning I recommend going and seeing if they have it. He has some great video's on his website on how to use it. How to Use Grunge Board

Well blog readers that's my first post in a while but I promise to be back more regularly!

No comments: