Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Last Minute Valentines


Realized this afternoon that my bible study meets tomorrow on Valentines day so I should take something to share. These were really quick and easy to make. The dimensions are 7 3/4 by 2 1/2 - then I scored at 3 1/2 and 4 1/4. I attached the candy with double sided tape. Punched a hole with my crocodile and used a circle of contrasting cardstock to add something.

This is what the poem says

God’s Valentine Gift
God’s Valentine gift of love to us
Was not a bunch of flowers;
It wasn’t candy, or a book
To while away the hours.
His gift was to become a man,
So He could freely give
His sacrificial love for us,
So you and I could live.
He gave us sweet salvation, and
Instruction, good and true--
To love our friends and enemies
And love our Savior, too.
So as we give our Valentines,
Let’s thank our Lord and King;
The reason we have love to give
Is that He gave everything.
By Joanna Fuchs

No comments: